WALTHAM, Mass., July 18, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Radius Health, Inc. ("Radius" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:RDUS), a fully integrated science-driven biopharmaceutical company that is committed to developing and commercializing innovative therapeutics in the areas of osteoporosis, oncology and endocrine diseases, announced that the Compensation Committee of the Company's Board of Directors granted Jesper Høiland, the Company's President and Chief Executive Officer, an option to purchase 305,000 shares of the Company's common stock with a per share exercise price of $42.97, the closing trading price of the Company's common stock on the NASDAQ Global Market on the grant date of July 17, 2017. The option vests 25% on the first anniversary of the grant date, with the remaining 75% to vest in monthly installments over the three years thereafter, and has a ten-year term. The stock option was granted pursuant to Rule 5635(c)(4) of the NASDAQ Listing Rules for equity grants to induce Mr. Høiland to enter into employment with the Company.
Radius is a science-driven fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that is committed to developing and commercializing innovative therapeutics in the areas of osteoporosis, oncology and endocrine diseases. Radius' lead product, TYMLOS™ (abaloparatide) injection, was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of postmenopausal women with osteoporosis at high risk for fracture. Radius' Marketing Authorisation Application (MAA) for abaloparatide-SC for the treatment of postmenopausal women with osteoporosis is under regulatory review in Europe. The Radius clinical pipeline includes an investigational abaloparatide transdermal patch for potential use in osteoporosis and the investigational drug elacestrant (RAD1901) for potential use in hormone-driven and/or hormone-resistant breast cancer, and vasomotor symptoms in postmenopausal women. Radius' RAD140, a non-steroidal, selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM), is under investigation for potential use in hormone receptor positive breast cancer. For more information, please visit www.radiuspharm.com.
Investor Relations Contact: Barbara Ryan Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 203-274-2825